http://acdn.adnxs.com/ib/static/usersync/v3/async_usersync.html &amp;lt;img height=”1″ width=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”display:none” src=”https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=1401367413466420&amp;amp;amp;ev=NoScript” /&amp;gt;
- Terror on United flight: Passengers tell how they were thrown to the ceiling during extreme turbulence that lasted for 20 MINUTES and left 14 injured
- Hillary Clinton is under investigation AGAIN for her handling of government emails and the former Secretary of State and her aides could have their security clearances revoked
- Is YOUR relationship heading for divorce? Husbands reveal the moment they decided to end their marriage in heart-breaking confessions
- BREAKING NEWS: Knifeman stabs cop in the neck at Michigan airport prompting an evacuation
- Sex tape of deeply religious married father of two and his assistant at Southern University is leaked onto a popular porn website after it was ‘stolen by hackers’
- Uber founder and CEO Travis Kalanick RESIGNS citing ‘difficulties in his personal life’ just days after going on indefinite leave in wake of company’s sexual harassment scandal
- You’ll NEVER believe how old she is: Taiwanese designer becomes the latest internet star with extremely youthful looks
- Weeds star Mary-Louise Parker’s nanny, 33, arrested in Brooklyn after withdrawing ‘more than $3,000 from the actress’ debit card’
- Cameron Douglas may be sent back to federal prison after probation officer ‘finds marijuana in his system’ – but his lawyer says he’s dealing with PTSD after being menaced by jail gangs
- Wife of PGA champ Billy Horschel reveals she hid her drinking for years by filling water bottles with vodka as she bravely opens up about her battle with alcoholism in first interview
- Former pastor, 45, and female life coach, 42, arrested after taking their baby to a bar where the mom was seen ‘drinking, smoking and breastfeeding at the same time’ and ‘offering sex in exchange for beer’
- Tenants in the apartment complex that Trump earns $5MILLION from are sweltering in 90-degree heat after the air con broke as the block faces an investigation that could see it lose its federal subsidy
- What lies beneath? Woman posts video of Florida river erupting as her husband ‘bails out their boat’ on top of a group of manatees… and the internet responds VERY angrily
- Yellowstone supervolcano is hit by more than 400 earthquakes in just ONE WEEK – the most active it has been for five years
- Bosses at CBS Radio in New York ‘yelled ‘Obama!’ at female African American employee when she entered office’ and one threatened to ‘shoot this b**** if I had a gun’
- Never-before-seen photos of deadly Mount St. Helens eruption in 1980 found on old camera purchased at a thrift store for $20
- The Duke of Edinburgh, 96, the Queen of England’s husband, has been hospitalized with an infection
- Is the most valuable art collection ever stolen in the hands of former IRA members? Art world’s ‘Indiana Jones’ is in negotiations to get $500million masterpieces stolen from Boston museum returned 27 years after heist
- EXCLUSIVE – Heartbreaking final photos of American student Otto Warmbier laughing and joking in North Korea before being jailed and brutalized into fatal coma for ‘stealing’ propaganda poster
- EXCLUSIVE – ‘We had to be very quiet’: British tourist reveals how she was taken to ‘secret, off-limits’ floor of North Korean hotel by the same tour company which arranged Otto Warmbier’s fatal trip
- Florida company comes under fire for glorifying Kim Jong Un after making a $79 romper emblazoned with the dictator’s face amid American student Otto Warmbier’s death from injuries he sustained while imprisoned there
- Are these the world’s weirdest dogs? Pet owners share hilarious snaps of their pooches acting VERY strangely
- Michael Brown’s family reach settlement with city of Ferguson almost three years after he was shot and killed by a white cop
- Revealed: The TEN ways to spot a commitment phobe and what to do if you’re already dating one (and if he’s controlling it’s a MAJOR red flag)
Cameron Douglas narrowly escapes being sent back to federal prison after probation officer ‘finds marijuana in his system’ – but his lawyer says he’s dealing with PTSD after being menaced by jail gangs
- Cameron Douglas was found with the drugs in his system in April, a court heard
- He was out on bail after his 2010 conviction for selling meth and heroin
- Parole officers successfully argued he should be given a second chance
- His lawyer said he was getting help after traumatic beating by a prison gang
- He was targeted for turning over his drug suppliers to cops to halve his sentence
- In 2010 his five-year sentence was extended after he was found with drugs in jail
Cameron Douglas, son of Michael Douglas, was almost sent back to federal prison after a probation officer said he’d been found with marijuana in his system.
Douglas, 38, was sentenced to five years in prison in 2010 for selling drugs, but that was extended in 2011 when he was found with drugs inside prison. He was released on parole in March.
And now he’s in trouble again, having allegedly been caught with marijuana in his system on April 10, a court has heard, according to Page Six.
Scroll down for video
&amp;lt;img id=”i-269ff5c105bc8740″ src=”http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/21/14/419A87EC00000578-0-image-a-2_1498051105475.jpg” height=”421″ width=”634″ alt=”Cameron Douglas (left, with dad Michael Douglas in 2009) has escaped returning to jail after marijuana was found in his system in April. He had been doing time for selling meth and heroin” class=”blkBorder img-share”/&amp;gt;
Cameron Douglas (left, with dad Michael Douglas in 2009) has escaped returning to jail after marijuana was found in his system in April. He had been doing time for selling meth and heroin
&amp;lt;img id=”i-a67960b411a553d0″ src=”http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/21/14/419A884600000578-0-image-a-9_1498051270082.jpg” height=”385″ width=”306″ alt=”” class=”blkBorder img-share”/&amp;gt;
&amp;lt;img id=”i-be4fd5165e4dd0ac” src=”http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/21/14/419A87C000000578-0-image-m-28_1498051491589.jpg” height=”385″ width=”306″ alt=”His lawyer said he was traumatized by prison. Douglas is seen here in a recent Instagram post” class=”blkBorder img-share”/&amp;gt;
Douglas (left in arrest mugshot, right in recent Instagram post) deserved a second chance, his probation officers told a judge, who agreed. His lawyer said he was traumatized by prison
Douglas underwent three tests for marijuana after being accused of trying to manipulate results by a lab technician, and the results were positive.
However, his parole officers are now asking Manhattan federal judge Richard Berman to show leniency for the beleaguered minor celeb.
‘We would like to provide Mr. Douglas an opportunity to be in the community to see how he responds to setbacks,’ one of them said.
Douglas’ lawyer, Ben Brafman, maintains that his client has remained sober and that ‘there is no issue’ despite the parole officers’ claims.
However, he also asked the judge for clemency, saying that Douglas has suffered PTSD ever since he was sent to prison for conspiracy to distribute narcotics after being found dealing heroin and meth from a hotel room.
He’d turned in his suppliers, David and Eduardo Escalera, in his trial hearing in order to have his sentence reduced from ten years to five years.
&amp;lt;img id=”i-be152b680a27266b” src=”http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/21/14/419A880200000578-0-image-m-11_1498051286154.jpg” height=”423″ width=”634″ alt=”Michael Douglas (right, with dad Kirk Douglas center, and a young Cameron) blames himself for his wayward son. Cameron had a leg and finger broken for ‘ratting’ on his drug suppliers” class=”blkBorder img-share”/&amp;gt;
Michael Douglas (right, with dad Kirk Douglas center, and a young Cameron) blames himself for his wayward son. Cameron had a leg and finger broken for ‘ratting’ on his drug suppliers
That led to him becoming a target for a crime family boss, who put a bounty of just $100 on Douglas’ head – resulting in other prisoners breaking one of his fingers and a leg.
‘His period of imprisonment was horrific,’ Brafman said.
The judge agreed with the parole officers, and instead of sending him back to prison he said Douglas should be subject to more frequent drug tests and searches. He may be tested twice a week.
In 2010, Douglas’ lawyer, Jennifer Ridha, was busted after she smuggled pills into prison for him. She later claimed in her book Criminal That I Am that she had fallen in love with him.
Douglas received four more years in prison on top of his five-year sentence.
Charges against Ridha were ultimately dropped, but she lost her job.
Speaking publicly about his son, Michael Douglas said in 2010 that he thought prison might be a ‘blessing in disguise’.
He assumed blame for ‘being a bad father’ but said that without prison intervention, Cameron ‘was going to be dead or somebody was gonna kill him. I think he has a chance to start a new life, and he knows that.’
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.
More top stories